Welcome your students back to French class with this fun set of back-to-school (la rentree) activities made for Core French students (grades 4-8). You will get to know your students better and they will have fun getting to know each other better, too! Just print and use these activities today!
Included in this black-and-white 19-page Core French set:
- Vocabulary page (42 French words with English translations)
- Qu'est-ce qu'il y a dans la Salle de Classe? (Draw and colour classroom-related items)
- Les Animaux a l'Ecole: Draw and colour popular class pets
- Les Animaux a l'Ecole: Draw and colour your favourite class pet and write your reasons for your choice of animal.
- Les Animaux a l'Ecole: same as above but circle adjectives describing your favourite animal instead of writing sentences.
- Fun game: "Find someone who..." Students ask each other questions and ask classmates to sign their names in the boxes when they find someone who fits the topic on the sheet (20 squares)
- Interview a classmate: Ask a classmate the questions provided and record their answers. (2 templates on one page for less photocopying)
- Present your classmate to the class: Write about the partner you interviewed and tell the class what you learned about him/her. (2 templates per page for less photocopying)
- C'est Moi: fill in the blanks to complete a simple "It's Me" poem and either draw/colour a picture of yourself or the teacher can take student pics to glue in the frame provided. These look great on bulletin boards!
- Les Adjectifs Masculins et Feminins: an info/review page (helpful to use with Les Animaux a L'Ecole and "C'est Moi" poem)
- Qu'est-ce que tu aimes manger? Draw foods listed and emojis indicating how you feel about each food. Kids love this opportunity to share their opinions and draw silly emojis! (helpful with interviews and "C'est Moi" poem)
- Les Verbes d'Ecole: some common verbs (school-related)
- Verb worksheet: read 10 sentences and choose the correct verb (2 verbs to choose from per sentence). Fill-in-the-blank/conjugate the verb. (2 per page for less photocopying)
- Verb worksheet: same as above but 2 verbs to choose from are conjugated so students don't need to know how to conjugate them.
- Verb worksheet answer page
- Word Scramble: Unscramble the words to make complete French sentences.
- Word Scramble answer page
- Dans Mon Sac a Dos: Read and draw the items listed (Draw and colour the school supplies in the backpack provided)
- Dans Mon Sac a Dos: same as page above but with English translations in brackets below French words for school supply list.
Thank you for purchasing this product by Cats, Coffee, and Collaboration. I hope it helps you and your students to get back to school in a positive and engaging way!
Contact me anytime: email@example.com
Check out my TpT store for more Core French products:
Thanks again and all the best to you. Have a wonderful school year!
Cats, Coffee, and Collaboration