- Product Description
Trying to figure out how to work on communication during snack time? Focus on core words put and on, conversational skills, sequencing and answering wh- questions with these fun snack placemats. Many more core words and language skills are taught as your students build a snowman. With the visuals provided on the snack placemat, your students will learn to use new words and demonstrate communicative intent in a variety of ways.
• 3 different color snack placemats with core word visuals
• 3 black and white placemats with core word visuals
• 3 different color conversation picture scene placemats
• 3 black and white conversation picture scene placemats
• Data sheets for core word tracking and conversational skills
• Letters to parents/caregivers
The snack placemats show a boy and girl who build a snowman. Your students will learn the meaning of words associated with building a snowman, sequencing, and answering wh- questions.
The core word vocabulary focus includes: put, on, where, finished and many more words. Some of the story vocabulary includes: snowman, scarf, and coal.
To use the core word snack mats:
- Talk about the meal. Point to the core words at the top of the placemat as you speak. If your child likes the snack, model by pointing to and saying, “I like it.”
- Talk about the pictures. Point and say, “They put on” referring to the building the snowman.
- Use the data sheet as you model pointing to the core word icons while you speak.
To use the conversation snack mats:
- The conversation snack placemats are picture scenes that are perfect for conversation. Talk about those scenes with the student.
- Use the data sheet to track pragmatic skills and carryover of articulation, grammar and fluency targets.
This snack mat encourages carryover of school lessons to home and conversation at mealtime.
Check this out!
An ActivInspire flipchart story, Interactive Book for Speech Therapy: Let's Build a Snowman
Please come back to our store as we continue to add more activities.
Don't forget to leave feedback and earn points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Follow us and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have fun teaching!
Gabriel and Penelope