This upbeat tempo song talks about what different people do during their free time, in complete Spanish sentences, focusing on "er" and "ir" verbs and expressions of frequency. Your students will then have the opportunity to work in a small group, to create sentences about what they and others do.
What's included in the bundle:
- an mp3 file with the song "Corres, lees y escribes"
- two printable Listening Comprehension Activities to be used as the students listen to the song. You can use both on the same day, a different one on different days for extra reinforcement and follow up, or if you teach more than one level, you may use one for one level and the other one for a different level
- a printable or projectable sheet with the song lyrics, so you and your students can sing along, and to use to check their work for one of the Listening Comprehension Activities
- a printable Cooperative Learning Activity, for students to work in pairs or small groups to apply and practice their knowledge of all of the topics listed below. The Cooperative Learning Activity focuses on using the knowledge in a meaningful way by speaking, writing, and listening to their peers. For added practice, an extra idea is for each pair or small group of students to present a report to the class, using the already provided graphic organizer, to share their findings about each other in complete Spanish sentences.
GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY in context:
The song "Corres, lees y escribes" uses grammatical structures and vocabulary in complete Spanish sentences, to reinforce and deepen students' knowledge of:
* subject pronouns
* leisure time activities vocabulary
* Present Tense conjugations of regular "er" and "ir" verbs
* places vocabulary
* expressions of frequency vocabulary (nunca, a veces, a menudo, etc.)
* interrogatives words
Ideas of use are:
- after presenting and developing the given topics.
- weeks or months after studying the topics, to motivate and / or activate prior knowledge.
- at the end of the school year to review and wrap up.