This unit was created to increase students' cultural awareness of both The Running of the Bulls and the Spanish tradition of bullfighting. Amidst the culture, there are also opportunities for students to apply Spanish vocabulary and grammar concepts in a variety of activities. One of the highlights of this unit is the Corrida de Toros board game which serves as a summative activity to the unit and tests students cultural knowledge.
The readings and activities in this unit can be used with a variety of levels and in a variety of ways. Jigsaws, stations, extension learning, substitute lesson plans, and classwork/homework are just a few ways in which this unit could be delivered.
Special attention is paid to the controversy surrounding the practice of Bullfighting in Spain today as well as the eradication of the practice in most of Latin America. Students will read about the controversy that surrounds the practice from the perspective of animal rights activists and the danger that it poses to human participants as well. They will then be encouraged to participate in future research and discussion.
This cultural unit aligns with the ACTFL indicators for cultural knowledge. There are also activities that align with the Novice or Intermediate indicators for language indicators. Activities are on separate pages so that you can print the ones you like or are most appropriate for your level of Spanish student.
This Product Includes:
1. Usage Guide for Educators
2. Links to Internet and Video Resources that compliment this unit
3. La Corrida de Toros: Overview Reading
4. Reading Schedules & Telling Times Activity
5. Los Corredores Reading
6. Verb Tense Review Activity
7. Giving Advice Activity
8. Las Reglas Reading
9. Affirmative & Negative Commands Activity
10. Los Toros y Sus Matanzas Reading
11. Comparisons of Inequality Activity
12. El Encierro Map & Reading
13. La Plaza de Toros Reading
14. Body Part Vocabulary Review Activity
15. The Controversy Reading
16. Research Activity
17. Student Game Directions
18. Game Board, Pieces, and Cards
If you like this product, click below to check out similar products also available in this store:
Mexican Independence Day Culture Packet & Activities
Día de los Muertos Culture & Activity Pack
El Día de los Reyes Magos Activities
Cinco de Mayo: What Would Benito Juarez Do?
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺