Question set and answer key to accompany Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey Episode 10: The Electric Boy. The question set works with streaming, DVD, and Blu-ray Disc versions of all episode. The episode is available for purchase on YouTube.
Lessons of Phyz advantages:
- A heavy font ensures high legibility even in dim lighting
- Questions are designed to be answered while the video plays—quick, simple responses keep students engaged without requiring deep reflection that would take them out of the presentation
- Question types are mixed: fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, check lists, and short answer are common; in some cases, matching or list-making.
- Certain moments in the series merit undivided attention. No questions have been placed in those moments.
- "Play to the buzzer": Whenever possible, the last question in the set is answered during the last minute of the video.
- I am classroom teacher; I developed these resources for use with my own students.
- If you find competing products online, by all means check them out. They may be cheaper; they may be free. None of them will be as professional, polished, or classroom-ready as this one.
The zipped folder contains PDFs of student sheets and the answer keys.
April 2020 UPDATE: In addition to the printable PDFs of the student blank and answer key, a Google Docs version of the student document now included for easier distance learning use.