Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
12.62 MB | 9 pages
Costa Rica is a beautiful country well known for its biodiversity and is a favorite destination of many North American tourists. During this cultural activity, students will create a replica of the colorful "carreta" (oxcart) used in the past to transport coffee beans from the Costa Rican coffee farms to market. Today, the “carreta” is an iconic symbol representing Costa Rica’s rich culture. Students will also learn about the beautiful bird, the toucan, found throughout Costa Rica, and specifically about a toucan named Grecia who lost its colorful beak in 2015 in a terrible accident.
Included with this activity are:
- Introduction to Costa Rica and culture
- Required Materials
- Costa Rica fun facts
- "Carreta" template (2 unique designs)
- Step-by-step instructions for completing "carreta" craft activity
- "Grecia el Tucán” template
- Step-by-step instructions for completing toucan activity
- YouTube links to related videos
Teacher Tip! Looking for an entire course on Spanish-speaking countries and culture? Check out my "DIY Spanish Camp." You'll find detailed instructions for running your own camp including this activity and many, many more!