Teaching the Civil War
? Teach about the Costs of the Civil War
while practicing primary source analysis with this no-prep resource!
Use this Primary Source Analysis Activity
to address the CCSS while helping your students gain a better understanding of the Costs of the Civil War
Students can inspect vivid images, decipher varying quotes, and investigate original documents with guiding questions.
A wrap-up question asks students to make comparisons to current events.
Since answers will vary, an answer key is NOT
May be used as a class assignment, homework assignment, assessment, or as a small group response activity. My students loved working through a Think-Pair-Share
to analyze and discuss the topic and document details!
Visit my TpT Store for other Primary Source Handouts for each decade and world event.
Bundles also available!
• Causes of the Civil War Primary Source Analysis Handout CCSS Aligned!
• Battles of the Civil War Analysis Activity Handout Assignment - CCSS
• Civil War American Document Analysis Activity
• Effects of the Civil War Primary Source Analysis Activity CCSS Handout Homework
• Civil War Primary Source Analysis Activity BUNDLED Set CCSS
• Civil War and Reconstruction SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• Reconstruction Cue Cards Activity w/Wrap Up & Alternatives - Civil War
• Reconstruction Plans Ppt Response Group Evaluation Activity Civil War
• U.S. History People Task Cards Civil War to Modern Times
• United States Complete Primary Source Analysis Bundled Set Civil War- Modern Day
• Early American Wars Comparison Activity Walking Tour Revolution Civil War 1812
See my Store for other primary source activities, walking tours, archeological digs, scavenger hunts, and so much more for the Social Studies and ELA classroom.