In this activity, students will practice finding coterminal angles as well as converting angles from degrees to radians (and vice versa). While this resource is a group activity, each student will have an individual contribution in the process.
Row Relay (4)
1. Before beginning the activity, the students should be seated in rows. Their “team” will be the other students in their row.
2. Copy Row Relay worksheets (Recommend to copy double-sided.) You will need 1 worksheet per row.
3. The person in the front of the row will be Student 1 (as labeled on the worksheet). The second person in the row will be Student 2, and so on.
4. All rows will begin at the same time. This activity is a race! When the teacher says to begin, Student 1 will complete the first direction. When finished, he or she should pass it back to Student 2. Each student should check the work of the student in front of them before completing their direction.
5. Students should continue passing the worksheet to the back of the row until completed.
6. The teacher should stand at the back of the room. The first row to turn in a completed and correct worksheet wins!
7. Play again using the three other Row Relay worksheets.
An answer key is included for easy grading!
Note: This activity is included in my Trigonometry Unit – Bundle of Resources
. Check it out if you are interested in purchasing this resource, along with others, at a discounted rate!
Check out my other resources for Trigonometry:
Angles of Elevation and Depression: Real Life Applications of Trigonometry
Coterminal Angles and Radian/Degree Conversions – Row Relay
Evaluating Trig Expressions with Sum and Difference Formulas - Riddle Worksheet
Graping the Tangent Function – Discovery Learning Notes
Identifying Amplitude and Period of Sine and Cosine Graphs – Stained Glass
Law of Sines and Law of Cosines – Guided Notes
Practice with Law of Sines and Law of Cosines – Worksheet
Right Triangle Trigonometry - Centers
Sine and Cosine Graphs – Snowflake Cut-Out Activity
Solving Trig Equations – Riddle Worksheet
Trig Coterminal Angles (in Degrees) – Square Puzzle
Trig Identities #1 – People Search
Trig Identities #2 – People Search
Trig Memory Game – Learning the 1st Quadrant
Trig Triangles: Practicing Trigonometric Identities
Trig Values from the Unit Circle – Square Puzzle
Trigonometry Test Review – Worksheet and Solutions
Trigonometry Unit – Word Wall
Unit on Trigonometry – Warm-ups and Practice Problems (.ppt)