The purpose of counting collections is not only to provide students with the practice of oral counting, but also to provide them with opportunities to develop counting strategies, to strategically organize their objects, and to record their critical thinking. All of these topics fall under CCRS standards in grades K-2.
This packet has step by step instructions on how to build, organize, run, and engage students in counting collections. The set-up is easy and can be assembled fast.
Sheets included in this packet:
* List of ideas for items to build your collection
* Teacher organization sheets
* Labels for collection containers
* Student assessment ideas and questioning
* Two different student recording sheets
* How to teach good recording to your students
* Pictures of collections and set-up
I like to pick one day a week and count collections or place a few in tubs for stations. This activity is so easy to level because you can place a predetermined amount in the collection to meet each student's individual needs.
Please ask any questions before purchasing. Be sure to visit my blog at www.christywaters.blogspot.com . God bless!