Count to 20: count to 20, write 20, draw 20, fill ten frames to make 20. A full lesson and 8 printables to help you differentiate for various needs: ESL, RTI, Mid-Level, TAG, and advanced children. Teach counting to 20 step-by-step.
ESL and RTI
• Place one counter at a time in the ten frames and count to 20.
• Draw 20 counters in the two ten frames.
• Write the numbers 1-20, one number in each box.
• Turn each counter into a circular-shaped object (e.g.; cookie, pizza, eye, button, penny…). Color the objects.
• Trace the numbers in the numbered ten frames and count to 20.
• Write the numbers on the hands: one number per finger, 1- 20. You may write on the fingers, or the finger nails, or create longer finger nails to write on. Then color the hands.
• Draw 5 objects on each hand palm. Four groups of 5 equal 20.
TAG or Advanced Group
• Draw 20 objects on your page. Draw any objects you’d like.
• Draw your objects in clear groupings: 2 groups of 10, 4 groups of 5, 5 groups of 4.
• Draw your objects in clusters, a straight or curved line, a circle or oval.
• Children may color their pictures creatively.
• Glue or set against colored construction paper or Xerox paper.
• Or, create a book of your children’s creations.
• Title your display: This is What 20 Looks Like!
Common Core Aligned: K.CC.B.5
Go Math Lesson 8.1 or all-year review
BONUS: Teen Numbers Hand Printable for lesson and display.
I hope you find this Counting to 20 Resource useful…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Count to 20
it would be greatly appreciated!
***BONUS: You will get free TpT credits toward products when you leave feedback***
SAVE $$$ over 25%...and Integrate Math with Music, Art and Literacy:
Math Fun Bundle with Number Chart Robots (Printables), Art Medallion, and Counting Songs (MP3s for Behavior Management)
You might also enjoy these:
Math Counting Songs MP3 Bundle
Counting 1-100 Song MP3
Skip Counting Song MP3
Count Backward From 30 to Zero MP3 Song
Rap Your Math Song MP3
--Math drill in a song; customize daily to suit your needs
Thank you for your purchase!
© 2016 Renee Dawn (Please honor the copyright, for use by one buyer in the classroom)