This is a fun, multisensory mathematics activity. Students can learn numbers 1-20 with this engaging, hands-on task.
Included in this pack:
• A tree play dough mat (4 variations are included)
• 20 mathematics task cards, with numerals 1-20 to go with the mat
• Recording sheets (optional) for students to show how they put the ‘apples’ on the tree
• Clear instructions for teachers
• Suggestions and tips for teachers, including how to vary the activity and make it into a game
How to use this pack:
The task cards have numerals and simple sentences that say how many apples to put on the tree. For example: ‘5 apples on the tree’. The student needs to read the task card statement and use play dough to put the correct amount of apples on the tree to match that statement. The student then can record how they placed the apples on the tree, using the recording sheet.
This is a great activity for math centers, students who need a multi-sensory approach to their learning or fast finishers.
This pack has been created to be used in different regions. This product may also be referred to as: math play dough mats, number play dough mats, math task cards, maths task cards, mathematics task cards, math problem solving, maths problem solving, mathematics problem solving, play dough math, playdough math, play doh math, math centers, and math printables.
You may also like
Letter Shapes and Sounds: Play dough mats with picture cards
a complementary Learning Sprouts product.
Thank you for your interest in my product!
Find me on Facebook and Pinterest for even more offers, activities
and inspiration www.facebook.com/learningsprouts