Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The counting atoms escape room is an immersive experience for your students. It allows them to demonstrate their knowledge of counting atoms and determining if an equation is balanced or not.
TEKS 8.5 D- recognize that chemical formulas are used to identify substances and determine the number of atoms of each element in chemical formulas containing subscripts
TEKS 8.5 E- investigate how evidence of chemical reactions indicate that new substances with different properties are formed
NGSS: MS PS1-5- Develop and use a model to describe how the total number of atoms does not change in a chemical reaction and thus mass is conserved.
A Unique Escape Room Experience:
Unlike many escape rooms, the teacher is in total control on which of the 8 puzzles they want to use and in which order to use them. Each puzzle is independent of the others. This is great for shorter or longer class periods.
Save $$ and Buy the Bundle
What Materials Will I Need?
The escape room can be run in several different ways. The cheapest and easiest method is to use manila envelopes for the puzzles (all directions provided).
For a more authentic escape room each group will need the following:
Both methods will need the following:
What's Included in the Product?
- Teacher directions
- Detailed answer key for each puzzle
- Student answer key
- Digital answer key (google form) that is great for 1:1 or Google classrooms. Replaces paper answer key if you choose, but not necessary
- Video challenge to set the mood for the challenge
- 8 unique puzzles with all printable props
- A list of over 50 ideas for prizes
- Reward templates
- 30 unique signs to hold up for the picture at the end (plus, editable template)
Your students will be talking about this one for weeks.