This is a differentiated maths game aimed at teaching skip counting and number patterns and timetables. Use with math centers, whole class or individual teaching activities. Uses 2-10 number patterns.
Simply print as many sets or picture cards as needed, laminate and cut up.
- Practice skip counting forwards or backwards using the numeral cards by placing them in correct order on the floor or on a board (or Velcro on a wall or tac to a wall!).
- Choose a numeral card, using the picture cards make the correct number e.g. ‘Make 8 counting by twos’ would mean using 4 picture cards as each bunny has two ears so 4x2=8!)
- Print two copies of numeral cards, cut up one set and use other as a base board, have students play matching number games.
- In pairs or groups split cards evenly and put into correct order ensuring all students are watching to see who has the next number card.
- Play ‘What Comes Next?’ with whole class, stand up if next!
- Use question cards to promote mathematical thinking and have students record the patterns and what they notice in their book.
*** Differentiate games by changing the stopping or starting number e.g. – only count to 20, count from 50 or go all the way!
Great to use as a math display board when teaching counting patterns or multiplication facts
AND FOR FUN! – Arrange a display board with number patterns in the correct order, remove some cards and have students work out daily the missing numbers on the way into class!
A colorful and engaging number pattern game aimed at any level.