These counting centers are perfect for teaching early numeracy skills like number recognition, counting, subitizing, quantity, and one-to-one correspondence to 20 to Pre-K and Kindergarten students. If you are looking for hands-on and engaging counting activities for your classroom - these are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging counting centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students that are NOT themed and can be used ANY TIME of year! (see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack focuses on counting to 20. For more exposure to learning to recognize numbers,
you may find our number centers
to be helpful. They pair with this pack perfectly!
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
of print and play, skill-based centers.
Looking for centers that are themed? You will love our themed math and literacy centers.
COUNTING CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:
Counting Cards and Mats
- This pack contains a variety of fun counting cards and mats to 20, including:
- Add buttons to the jar
- Add sprinkles to the donuts
- Add chocolate chips (or sprinkles) to the cookies
- Add scoops to the ice cream cone
- Build ten and twenty frames (erasers, beads, buttons, etc).
- Add “goldfish” to the tank
Beginner Counting Cards and Mats
- Cards with items already on them for students to match up one to one as they count. These are great for early counters!
Counting Pocket Chart Sort
- Use these pieces as a sorting game in the pocket chart (or out). There are 5 pieces to use as a sorting activity for each number to 20. Use as many or as few as you wish!
- Use these puzzles as 3 piece puzzles, or simply remove the middle piece and have 2 piece puzzles for learners who aren’t quite ready for 3! (0-20)
Donut 10 and 20 Frame Clip Cards
- count the donuts in the 10 and 20 frames and clip the total.
Counting Bear Clip Cards
– Count the sets of bears and clip the total (1-20).
Gum Ball Drop
- Pick a gumball card and put it on the mat. Put that many pom poms or “gumballs” in the machine (1-20, you can choose which numbers are in play.)
Give the Dog a Bone
- Pick a bone card and put it on the mat. “Feed” the dog that many bones (1-20, you can choose which numbers are in play).
Frog on a Log
– Pick a frog card and put it on the mat. Put that many “frogs” on the logs (1-20, you can choose which numbers are in play).
Balloon Pop (2 Levels)
– Roll a die and count the dots. Find and color the total. OR roll two dice and color the total.
Stack It! (2 Levels)
– Read the numbers on the cubes. Stack a tower that many cubes high on top (1-10 and 11-20).
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the files.
More Activities Your Kids Will Love:
Number Emergent Readers
Roll and Color Math Games