Counting Coins: 2nd Grade Activities and Practice Pages
| Coins | Value of Coins | TEKS 2.5A |TEKS 2.5B | Addition| Subtraction | Word Problems | Counting | 2nd grade|
This packet includes:
* "Money Mat" is a fun activity where letters are associated with a coin or two giving each letter a value. Students find the value of their name and their classmates and can continue the activity later to find the value of vocabulary words.
* There are 4 Practice Pages with 8 questions where students find the value of a collection of coins. Each page contains 3 real-world problems using addition and subtraction.
* As students successfully complete each practice page, they "earn" one of the four parts to build a robot. After they have collected all the parts and put their robot together they will figure the price of each part on a recording sheet. This activity has 2 different challenge versions for differentiation.
* Students complete 2 brainteasers where they determine the value of the hidden coins.
* Coins are included to practice counting different collections of coins.
* Answer Keys are provided
These activities are also a great companion to the “Counting Coins” PowerPoint presentation found below.
"Counting Coins" PowerPoint Presentation
Please visit My TpT Store
for more engaging resources.
You may also like
Anchor Activities for Early Finishers
Decode Key Concepts in 2nd Grade Math
Assessments for Making Tens, Teens, and Near Teens
This product, created by Paula McClendon, at Dazzle on a Dime, LLC is licensed for one classroom use only. If you wish to share this resource, additional licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.