This Counting Coins Bundle contains a 60 slide animated PowerPoint with student participation and interaction with activities and practice pages that support the learning.
The presentation includes key concepts for finding the value of a collection of coins up to $1.00.
* pictorial models
* relationships between pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and half-dollars
* skip counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 25s, and 50s.
* compound counting to determine the value of a mixture of coins
* separating coins into groups of like coins beginning with the largest
* exchange coins based on same values
* use comparative language to compare values of groups of coins
* word problems based on addition and subtraction
It offers many opportunities for students to respond to "Let's Practice" slides by writing their answers on a marker board or paper and pencil. Students discuss real-world problems and find solutions.
This PowerPoint can be used as whole group instruction and later used again as a work station for review. It can be divided into parts or rearranged and edited to become the perfect solution to intervention.
This Activity Packet includes:
* "Money Mat" is a fun activity where letters are associated with a coin or two giving each letter a value. Students find the value of their name and their classmates and can continue the activity later to find the value of vocabulary words.
* There are 4 Practice Pages with 8 questions where students find the value of a collection of coins. Each page contains 3 real-world problems using addition and subtraction.
* As students successfully complete each practice page, they "earn" one of the four parts to build a robot. After they have collected all the parts and put their robot together they will figure the price of each part on a recording sheet. This activity has 2 different challenge versions for differentiation.
* Students complete 2 brainteasers where they determine the value of the hidden coins.
* Coins are included to practice counting different collections of coins.
* Answer Keys are provided
Please visit My TpT Store
for more engaging resources.
You may also like
Place Value Round-Up
Anchor Activities for Early Finishers
Decode Key Concepts in 2nd Grade Math
Assessments for Making Tens, Teens, and Near Teens
This product, created by Paula McClendon, at Dazzle on a Dime, LLC is licensed for one classroom use only. If you wish to share this resource, additional licenses can be purchased at a discounted price.