This interactive activity was designed to help children identify the features of a coin, each coin's value, and how to count change. In this Smart Board Notebook you will find the following activities:
- Name That Coin: Students identify coins by their features on the front and back and also by their value
- Can You Buy It?: Given a word problem, students solve how many more coins they need to buy an item.
- How Many Pennies?: Students show how many pennies they will need to make the same amount shown.
- What Do I Have?: Students show how many quarters, dimes, nickels, or pennies does it take to make 100 cents.
- Petunia Pig - Call out an amount and have your students show the amount in the piggy bank
- The Missing Coin: When shown coins and the total value, students must find the coin that is missing in the picture.
- Fair Trade: Students must decide how many pennies to trade for another coin.
- Count On: Students start with the biggest value and count on to find how much they have.