Updated 3/23/14! Expanded content, and now contains 20 word problems aligned with Common Core for 2nd grade!
This download is full of systematic, fun, and differentiated materials for teaching your students to successfully count coins. I have been using the materials in this packet for over eight years and would not teach counting coins without it!
This 111 page download includes:
- Teacher tips and ideas for how to use the materials
- Coin posters (2 versions: regular, Magic Money)
- Coin fact student sheets (cloze activity)
- Coin riddle sheets
- Hundred charts (2 versions)
- Shel Silverstein "Smart" activity
- Differentiated counting coins worksheets with answer keys * Includes three levels: Easy, On-level, and Challenge
- Writing Money quiz
- Counting Coins quiz
- Coin Match Cards (2 versions: Regular and Magic Money)to be used for matching games/centers and other activities described inside packet
- Price Tag Cards
- "There's No One Like Me" game score sheet with instructions
- a parent explanation letter of how the Magic Money system works and how they can help their child at home
- 20 word problems aligned with CCSS for 2nd grade
-chants, games and more!
I also offer ActivInspire flipcharts to accompany these learning materials HERE
Thank you - Nicole Rios