Counting Coins and Counting Money Activities 1st, 2nd or 3rd Grade Math Centers
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- Looking for the BEST 2nd grade math centers for your classroom? These 42 hands on math activities are PERFECT for your classroom! Cover every standard including: place value, 2 digit addition and subtraction with regrouping, geometry, fractions, measurement, telling time, US money and multiplicationPrice $69.60Original Price $87.00Save $17.40
Looking for the BEST counting money activities for your 1st, 2nd or 3rd graders? Don't sleep on these counting coins activities and math centers! Students will practice counting coins in 5 different ways including word problems, making equivalent values and more.
Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?
What's Inside The Counting Coins Activities for 2nd Grade Math Centers:
- Who Has More - This is a partner game. Make one stack of all the pirate flags and one of all the maps to begin. Flip one card over at a time, whoever’s card has the most value wins and puts the extra cards in the bottom of their pile. The game keeps going until someone runs out of cards.
- Find Ye Treasure - Help the pirates find their parrot who is guarding their treasure! Match the coins to the correct amount and then record.
- Find Me Ship Mate - Help the pirate find her ship! Match the coins in her description to the correct amount. Draw a picture or use coins if you need help.
- Count Me Treasure - Use our math coins to make each amount. Then, record the amount and your answer on the sheet.
- Match Me Chest - Match the pirate to his treasure chest by finding the two groups of coins that equal the same amount. Record your answers.
These 2nd Grade Math Centers and Counting Coins Activities Are PERFECT For:
- Small Groups
- Independent Work
- Earlier Finishers
- Unit Review
- Test Prep
- Spiral Reviewing
& so much more!
Teaching about money? Check out my product for a unit plan and more resources for teaching money here: Money Unit
If you like what you see, check out my second grade math center bundle as well: Second Grade Common Core Math Centers BUNDLE
Check out each set of centers separately below:
2. Two Digit Addition and Subtraction Centers