Counting collections are an incredible tool for teaching your students counting, number sense, addition, subtraction, sorting, and more. So much can be done during a counting collection that this activity naturally lends itself to differentiation and individualization.
This resource includes everything you need to know to successfully start counting collections in your classroom. This particular resource is designed for kindergarten, but you can make your collections larger and more complex to easily adapt this to older grades.
Click here to read about why I use counting collections in my kindergarten classroom and how they've completely transformed by math instruction.
Please download the preview to see a more detailed view of exactly what is inside this resource! Included are the following items:
- Everything You Need to Know: 6 pages of information for teachers including how to gather, organize, launch, and extend CCs
- Your First Week: Lesson plans for you launch day plus 4 detailed lesson plans to finish out your first week of CCs
- Student Response Sheets: Counting collection recording sheet plus 7 extension activities
- Teacher Resources for After the Count: 3 pages that include a rubric for scoring a CC, an If/Then menu for correcting missteps, and an explanation for when to use/not use the extension activities included
- Quick Guide: Easy-to-use tips for how to support students in the moment as you observe them counting
- Action Pics: You will see how some of the student pages will look in action!
- EDITABLE detailed lesson plan template that you can use each week to plan your CC mini lessons (Note: I used Hello Cutie and KG Sorry Not Sorry for the fonts in the lesson plan. Download those to match the formatting or change it to fonts you like!
I hope you give Counting Collections a try in your classroom. They have truly changed the way I teach math and see my students as mathematicians!
If you have any further questions or would like more explanation about using this product, please ask in the Q&A section or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your purchase! Remember to leave feedback in order to receive credits for future products!
Don't forget to follow my store for updates and so you do not miss any new products!
Holly @ Research and Play