Have kids that need extra practice counting, skip-counting, writing numbers correctly or need a better understanding of base 10? Counting Collections is the perfect activity for K-2 kids for developing a solid foundation in number sense. It would even work great for RTI 3rd graders who still struggle with number sense.
*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see exactly what is included in this resource! And feel free to leave any clarifying questions in the Q&A BEFORE purchasing this resource!*****
Counting Collections is a first grade favorite in my classroom. We do it weekly. We have the same routines that we go through each week so it is something the kids just have to learn once at the beginning of the year. As the year progresses, students grow by leaps in bounds in their ability to quickly count objects in groups of 2s, 5s, or 10s and in writing their numbers correctly!
Read more about Counting Collections
on the blog!
Included in this packet:
• Separate resources for K, 1st and 2nd are included for each item.
• Common Core Standards listed for K-2 that are covered each week during Counting Collections (at least 13 K-2 standards are met with this activity!)
• instructions on setting up counting collections in your classroom.
• Lesson plans for the first day and how to successfully launch Counting Collections in your classroom
• Lesson plan format instructions and details to be followed during your weekly counting collections routines.
• Pictures of anchor charts and classroom set up
• Counting Assessments for K-2 to be given at the beginning, middle and end of the year.
• Assessment instructions for K-2 and how to use those assessments to guide your counting collections groups and instruction focuses.
• Teacher recording sheets for the 3 big Counting Collection assessments at the beginning, middle and end to document growth and progress of students.
• Teacher recording sheets for weekly assessments in Counting Collections with examples.
• Counting Collection Keys for K-2- list of items and how many to put in each collection. These are only suggestions. There are also blank keys so you can fill in your own collections. **Per request, I have a separate EDITABLE powerpoint for each of these keys as well.**
• Labels for your counting collection tubs (if you use the same collections I used. Leave me feedback if you want more collections added, and I will add them to the labels and send out updates!)
• Mini Lesson focus ideas/goals for Counting Collections
• Student recording sheets for K, 1st and 2nd. (Full page and half page sizes included.)
• Counting Assessments to match the Common Core counting standards for Kindergarten and 1st grade only. 2nd grade will be added soon. Kinder Assessments include: rote counting interviews, reading numbers student interview, building sets to match a number, counting sets to tell how many. 1st grade assessments include: rote counting interviews, reading numbers student interview, writing numbers, counting sets to tell how many.
• Rubrics for each Counting Assessment for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.
• Counting Collections checklist for self-assessment
Daily Math Calendar and Skills Interactive Powerpoints
Math Talks: The Bundle
Shop more math materials here!
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2016, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog