This is a great counting (1-10) activity to use with your child/student that loves jewelry! The child/student counts the number of jewelry pieces and matches that card with the numeral card. This activity is best used as a file folder activity.
To make file folder activity:
1. Print and laminate pages.
2. Cut out all jewelry and number cards.
3. Take a laminated legal sized file folder and Velcro the jewelry cards on the right side of the folder. Also, put soft (loop) Velcro on the jewelry card where the child will match the number card to. Be careful not to cover up any jewelry pieces when doing this.
4. Place strips of soft (loop) Velcro on the left side of the file folder. This is where the number cards will go (after you place hard/hook Velcro on the back of the cards).
5. Set-up the game with the jewelry cards on the right of the file folder and the number cards on the left of the file folder. The game moves from left to right.
6. Make sure that each time you present this game to the child that the pieces are moved around. For example, the rings shouldn't always be on the top. This helps with generalization. You don't want the child to memorize the order. You want them to understand the concept.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2015 by Mayer-Johnson LLC a Tobii Dynavox company. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker® is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.