***CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE THE ENTIRE PRODUCT***
This board game is JAM-PACKED with opportunities for your 2nd and 3rd graders to count money, make change, compare money amounts, build money combinations and keep track of their profit. *** ANSWER KEY PROVIDED.
In addition to the 63 GAME CARDS!!! I have provided a page of blank cards so that you can target any skill of your choosing if you see your students struggling with a specific money skill. I have also provided a white and orange polka-dot background so that you can back the cards with this cute design.
The game cards have 7 different types of questions:
1. HOW MUCH MORE- (15 problems): How much money do you have? How much more do you need to make $____?
2. HOW MUCH DOES SHE HAVE- (15 problems): Sarah has 3 quarters, 2 nickels, and 4 pennies. How much does she have?
3. DOES SHE HAVE ENOUGH- (6 problems): Mary wants to by a racket for $3.15. She has 13 quarters. Does she have enough?
4. HOW MUCH DOES SHE HAVE LEFT- (6 problems): Summer has 4 quarters. She spent 15 cents on a piece of gum. How much does she have left?
5. HOW MUCH CHANGE WILL HE GET BACK- (6 problems) Sam bought a toy for $2.50. He handed the cashier a five dollar bill. How much change should he get back?
6. WHO HAS MORE MONEY- (6 problems): Sheila has 4 dimes. Doug has 7 nickels and 5 pennies. Who has more money?
7. CREATE THE AMOUNT USING COINS- (9 problems): Create 2 different ways to make $1.05 using pennies, nickels, dimes, and/or quarters.
Congratulations,you have just started a dog walking business. However, you are not the only one. If you want to stay in business you must walk as many dogs as possible and make the biggest profit.
Start at the leash and roll the die to move forward. On each space you land, pick a card and solve the problem in order to successfully walk the dog pictured and earn the amount listed under each dog. You must keep track of your earnings. If you land on money, solve a card to get a tip. The first player to make the biggest profit wins!