Counting brews and stews is a FUN, hands on way to develop counting concepts and skills with preschool, pre-k, tk, and kindergarten students!
-----Please note you will need to find and collect various manipulatives for these activities. Many ideas and options for each “ingredient” is included. Most items you already have in your classroom or can be purchased at the dollar store, Target Dollar Spot, or craft store.
How to Play:
Students pick a recipe card. Students identify the number and count out the corresponding amount. After the recipe is complete mix the brew or stew and sing the song (optional). Then put the items back in the tray and pick a new card. (optional recording page)
Or students can fill in the blank recipe cards, count out the items, and mix the stew or brew.
Each themed brew or stew includes:
• Song card “I’m Making a _____ Brew/Stew” for students to sing as they mix the stew or brew.
• 6 recipe cards with numbers up to 5
• 6 recipe cards with numbers up to 10
• 3 blank recipe cards (students write the numbers on the recipe cards with dry erase markers)
• Ingredient card labels
• Recording page
Themed Brews and Stews Included: (Please note this is a growing pack. Check below for specific dates for when more will be added. Each time more sets are added the price will increase. Buy NOW and SAVE!)
• Color Stew
• Number Stew - NEW
• Shape Stew with basic shapes (circle, oval, square, rectangle, rhombus/diamond, and triangle). Two sets of stew cards are included. One with diamond and one with rhombus.
• Shape stew with pattern block shapes (rhombus/diamond, hexagon, trapezoid, square, and triangle). Two sets of stew cards are included. One with diamond and one with rhombus.
• Witches Brew
• Harvest Stew
• Turkey Stew
• Gingerbread Stew
• Christmas Stew
• Snowman Stew
• Friendship Stew
• Construction Stew
• Leprechaun Stew
• Easter Stew
• Bug Stew (coming soon: March)
• Camping Stew (coming soon: March)
• Flower Stew (coming soon: March)
• Ocean Stew (coming soon: April)
• School Stew (coming soon: April)
To receive the update all you need to do is go to the “my purchases” tab and download this product again.
Click the green star to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted! Visit my store Pocket of Preschool
Sign up for my newsletter and you will receive a HUGE family theme writing center filled with word cards, writing paper, write the room, a teacher page with tons of ideas on how to use it the classroom, and real photos of it in action in a classroom for FREE!