Counting brews and stews is a FUN, hands on way to develop counting concepts and skills with preschool, pre-k, tk, and kindergarten students!
-----Please note you will need to find and collect various manipulatives for these activities. Many ideas and options for each “ingredient” is included. Most items you already have in your classroom or can be purchased at the dollar store, Target Dollar Spot, or craft store.
28 Themed Brews and Stews are included!
How to Play:
Students pick a recipe card. Students identify the number and count out the corresponding amount. After the recipe is complete mix the brew or stew and sing the song (optional). Then sort the items in the tray and play again! Optional recording pages are included.
Or students can fill in the blank recipe cards, count out the items, and mix the stew or brew.
Add it Math Mats have been added for kinder and first grade students! Take counting stews to the next level by adding the ingredients and writing the equation on the math mat!
Each themed brew or stew includes:
• Song card “I’m Making a _____ Brew/Stew” for students to sing as they mix the stew or brew.
• 6 recipe cards with numbers up to 5
• 6 recipe cards with numbers up to 10
• 3 blank recipe cards (students write the numbers on the recipe cards with dry erase markers)
• Ingredient card labels
• Recording page
• Teacher instruction pages (filled with ideas, tips, and strategies to implement it in your classroom)
• Organization Labels
• 2 Number Lines (to support students who can’t identify numbers yet) NEW
• Add It Math Mats (can be used with any stew or brew)
Stews & Brews Included:
• Color Stew
• Number Stew
• Shape Stew with basic shapes (circle, oval, square, rectangle, rhombus/diamond, and triangle). Two sets of stew cards are included. One with diamond and one with rhombus.
• Shape stew with pattern block shapes (rhombus/diamond, hexagon, trapezoid, square, and triangle). Two sets of stew cards are included. One with diamond and one with rhombus.
• Fall Stew - NEW
• Pumpkin Stew - NEW
• Witches Brew
• Harvest Stew
• Turkey Stew
• Gingerbread Stew
• Christmas Stew
• Winter Stew - NEW
• Snowman Stew
• Friendship Stew
• Construction Stew
• Leprechaun Stew
• Easter Stew
• Bug Stew
• Camping Stew
• Flower Stew
• Spring Stew
• Weather Stew
• Summer Stew
• Beach Stew
• Ocean Stew
• Dinosaur Stew
• Space Stew
• School Stew
• Birthday Stew
To receive the new stews and brews, once they are added all you need to do is go to the “my purchases” tab and download this product again.
Only want a few Counting Stews? Check out the
• Counting Stews and Brews™️ SEASONS Mini Pack
Check out these fun, hands on THEMED Centers to match your Counting Stews!
• Back to School Math and Literacy Centers
• Birthday Math and Literacy Centers
• Camping Math and Literacy Centers
• Construction Math and Literacy Centers
• Dinosaur Math and Literacy Centers
• Insect Math and Literacy Centers
• Ocean Math & Literacy Centers (Pirates too)
• Space Math and Literacy Centers
Check out these fun, hands on SEASONS Centers!
• Fall Centers
• Winter Centers
• Spring Centers
• Summer Centers
Check out these fun, hands on HOLIDAY Centers!
• Halloween Centers
• Thanksgiving Centers
• Christmas Centers
• Valentine’s Day Centers
• St. Patrick’s Day Centers
• Easter Centers
Click the ★green star★ at the top of my store to follow me to receive 50% off all new products for the first 24 hours a new product is posted! Visit my store Pocket of Preschool
→ My Website
Pocket of Preschool™️. By purchasing and/or downloading this electronic file, you agree to the following terms. For personal use/single classroom use only. No part of this document may be distributed, posted on the internet, copied, edited, or resold. ALL contents of this document are under copyright protection including all content, text, fonts, and graphics, Thank you for respecting my hard word as well as the hard work of the artists whose work helped create this product.
To purchase additional licenses select to purchased additional licenses at checkout or go to “my purchases”, select the item, and click “buy additional licenses”. Did you know there are TPT School Accounts? Tell your administrator and ask if your school can purchase this for your classroom.