You will receive a deck of ten red apple cards, a deck of ten green apple cards, a deck of ten yellow cards and the numbers 1 – 10 in matching colors. Subitizing is looking at a group of objects such as dots and being able to acuately give the number of objects without counting one by one. Students who need one to one correspondence practice will have that in this packet as well.
• Practice counting the number of apples on the card and matching with the correct numeral card.
• Students who need one to one correspondence practice can place a popcorn kernel or other small object on each apple as they count aloud. Students can match the cards that have the same number of apples pictured in all three colors. Students can put the number cards in order from a card with 1 to a card with 10.
• Tell you which card you left out when you place them in a pocket chart or under a document camera.
• Tell you which card comes before and after a number that you place in a pocket chart or under a document camera.
• Identify the number of apples on a card and the name of the numeral on each card.
• Practice putting cards with different numbers together and have the student tell you how many apples there are all together.