This low prep activity is great for the beginning of the school year and can be used as a center throughout the year for continued practice! This activity can easily be differentiated throughout the year for your different groups of kiddos by adjusting the quantities each group is working with. You can also differentiate by using/not using the jars with dots to support counting and number recognition.
This activity includes :
- 2 sets of jars - one with a numeral and dots on the lid to support number identification, and one set with the numeral only.
- Jars are numbered 1-30 to count quantities up to 30.
How to play :
- Prepare jars by copying and laminating or placing in page protectors.
- Students can work independently on a set of jars, or in small groups.
- Students select a jar, read (or count to find out) the numeral at the top, and place that many manipulatives in the jar. (You could use buttons, beads, counters, bears, cubes, erasers, etc. for the manipulatives)