This dog themed math game combines a pets or animals theme with counting practice! Students look at the dog name cards and count the letters in each name, then count the corresponding number of dog bones to put in a dog dish. There are 15 name cards, with names from 3 - 10 letters long, and they come in 2 versions (with and without outlines around each letter), and adorable dog graphics. This will be a favorite math center for your preschool or kindergarten students!
*Bonus use: provide 1" letter tiles along with the outlined letter version so that students can match the letters and build the words!
Here's what other educators are saying about this resource:
- "My kids loved playing this game and you cut my prep time in half, Thanks!"
- "My Pre-K students were so excited to do this activity during centers, and continued to talk about their favorite dogs after they had finished. Such a fun addition to our pets theme!"
For more early counting practice, please see:
- School Bus Counting and Sequencing,
- Gumball Math Centers: Counting 0 - 10, Sorting and Patterning,
- Apple Math Centers Counting and Numbers to 10,
- Math Centers for Numbers 0 - 10: Bee Theme, and
- Fairy Tale math centers for preschool and kindergarten.
Thank you for visiting Paula's Primary Classroom. All new resources are 50% off for the first 48 hours. To be notified when new activities become available, and of upcoming sales, please click on the green star below my store name and follow me. Followers and feedback are greatly appreciated!
Have a great day!