This zipped file includes an
- Cover letter PowerPoint presentation,
- Teacher presentation notes (In the PowerPoint),
- Cover letter template (Microsoft Word Document),
- Company research questions (In the Microsoft Word Document)
I've used this activity with career coaching clients and high school level students. I received great feedback. The examples can be used for individuals with little work experience.
Possible Learning Outcomes:
- Collect information for a specific purpose
- Explore ideas to serve a specific purpose
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Recognize the elements of a successful cover letter
- Identify or develop clear and focused questions to serve a specific purpose.
- Summarize information
- Synthesize information
- Connect knowledge, skills, and abilities with job descriptions