This printable game is a fun 'pin the tail on the donkey' style rhythm game - but with cows! Students answer questions or play simple rhythms to enter the barn. Collect enough animals and they get to pin the tail on the cow!
Play with one student in the lesson or even set things up for two or more players. Students win the game by collecting carrot points - or use the included leaderboard to pin up in your music studio for extra fun.
After purchase you will receive a PDF file with the following game resources to print out:
- Colourful game boards including 'The Barn', a 'Score board' track and a pin the tail 'Game Board' - plus the cow tail!
- Animal cards to collect during the game
- Question cards with simple rhythms (note values include half, 1, 2, 3 and 4 beat notes and time signatures of 2, 3 and 4 beats in a bar). Teachers can choose how to use the question cards in this versatile and flexible game - perhaps ask students to play the rhythms on their instrument or identify the time signature.
- A bright and colourful leaderboard to pin up in your studio for extra competitive fun! Write the student's name on a little post-it note (or slip of paper) and attach to the leaderboard. Move up or down as more students play.
- This resource is for personal use by ONE user or ONE music teacher with their own students. If your studio has multiple teachers, please purchase one licence or copy of the resource per teacher.
- You may save this game to your own personal computer
- This resource is NOT to be copied, resold, modified, redistributed to others, or uploaded to the internet