Here is a great categorization game with a fun, cowboy theme. Cowboy Categories works on categorization 3 different ways. The 3 types of categories tasks included are: naming items in a category, identifying the category given 3 items, and identifying what doesn't belong in a group of 4. The cards can be used as flashcards or with the wild cards included for a fun game. The card decks may be used individually or all together, but they are easily differentiated by the different color border. For the "wild card" game, a student selects a card. Your student must either name 3-4 items in the category provided, name the category that the items belong, or name the item that doesn't belong depending on the card selected. If you do it correctly, you keep the card. If not, you must put the card back. Watch out for the special "wild" cards!!! If you draw a empty horse card, you have been bucked off your horse, and you must give one of your cards to another player. If you get the cowboy relaxing under the shade tree, you get to take a card from another player. The player with the most cards at the end is the winner!
Included in this download:
* 48 cards with 3 items for identifying category name
* 48 cards with category names for naming items within a category
* 48 "what doesn't belong" cards
* 8 specialty cards ("wild" game use)
* 8 blank cards for your own name that category examples
* 8 blank cards for your own name 3 in the category examples
* 8 blank cards for your own "what doesn't belong" examples
Please enjoy this great game!