Coyote School News, by Joan Sandin, is about a boy named Monchi Ramirez who lives with his family on a ranch in Arizona. The story is set in 1938 during Theodore Roosevelt’s presidency. Monchi talks about events that occur in his life and on the ranch during an entire school year. Monchi and his classmates write a school newspaper and discuss the things that are important to them in their life.
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Drawing Conclusions
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 3 activities to extend the lesson
- 2 Vocabulary Practice sheet (five words per sheet)
- 1 Graphic Organizers (Drawing Conclusions)
- Comprehension Quiz with answers included.