Teach your students how to encrypt and decrypt binary messages as well as understand binary code. This resource includes a hidden seasonal themed message for each month of the year which students need to decrypt using the key (ASCII Table). Students are also given the option to write their own encrypted binary message.
This is a perfect CS unplugged activity and can be used as an introduction to a lesson, for homework, for early finishers or even when you have no access to computers in the computer lab.
This is an ideal activity for the ISTE Standard of Computational Thinking/
Thanks to the following for all images:
• A Sketchy Guy
• “Template/Clipart courtesy of Activities by Jill @ http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Activities-By-Jill
• Watson Works: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Watson-Works
• Teachers Scrap Book:
• REVIDEVI - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Revidevi)
• Chirp Graphics: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/store/chirp-graphics
• Whimsy Clips: www.whimsyclips.com