Cracking the Call Number Code in the Everybody, Fiction, &; Biography Sections of the Library Game is a fun way to make sure your students know how to find books in the school library using call numbers. Students will work in teams of 4 to earn points for their teams by finding books on the shelves that match the call number cards in this relay-style game.
Use after teaching students how to read call numbers to check for understanding or as a review at the beginning of the school year. Either way, your students will have a blast!
Because libraries often differ in how they label their fiction & biography sections, there are cards included with both F & FIC for fiction & B & BIO for biography. Simply print out the cards that fit your library.
This product contains:
* Cover Sheet
* Instructions for Preparation & Use
* 9 E Call Number Cards (Everybody or Easy Section)
* 9 F Call Number Cards (Fiction Section)
* 9 FIC Call Number Cards (Fiction Section)
* 9 B Call Number Cards (Biography Section)
* 9 BIO Call Number Cards (Biography Section)
* 1 Blank Card (You can copy as many of these as needed, and write in your own call numbers.)
For a simpler version of this game, to use with 2nd graders just learning how to read call numbers to find books, download my FREE Cracking the Code in the E Section resource from my TPT store. It can also be used as a review for 3rd graders at the beginning of the year, and then followed up with this product.
Make sure to leave feedback on this product, and for more great resources and activities, click the link at the top to follow me. Thanks!