Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
8.28 MB | 18 pages
Dreams have always had many meanings to Native Americans. One of the old traditions was to hang a dream catcher in their homes. They believe that the night air is filled with dreams both good and bad. The dream catcher, when hung, moves freely in the air and catches the dreams as they float by. The good dreams know the way and slip through the center hole and slide down off the soft feather so gently the sleeper below sometimes hardly knows he is dreaming. The bad dreams, not knowing the way, get entangled in the webbing and perish with the first light of the new day. This project students will create their own dream catcher by using traditional methods of weaving to create the central web. They then create their own ceramic beads and hand paint them. The feathers can be created by using coloured papers. This project was design to be delivered twice a week for a one hour lesson over 5-7 weeks.
This Product Includes:
- Project Plan (2 pages)
- Student Handout: Jigsaw task aimed at delivering the background theories of dreamcatchers (7 pages)
- Student Handout: How to create a dreamcatcher (1 page)
- Student Handout: Self Evaluation Sheet (1 sheet)
- PowerPoint Presentation: An introduction to dreamcatchers (7 slides)
- For clip art, you may use them as clip art, website graphics, binder covers, or even bulletin board decorations.
- Use this in creative ways! Explore and have as much fun with it as you would like
- Buy additional licensing for school use.
You may not:
- Share this product with other teachers, administration or districts. -Admin can buy additional licensing.
- Sell this product or give it out for free or photocopy it for others.
For more Visual Arts projects and to follow my store,