Teach your students to analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, or scene fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot. This file, which contains multiple resources, addresses the focus of CCSS RL.6.5 and CCSS RL.5.5
This bundle includes:
1. a 40-slide PowerPoint, which analyzes chapters from Charlotte's Web and a scene from Crash
2. a 6-page matching PowerPoint companion handout
3. a worksheet with a passage and follow-up questions
4. a writing activity where students write their own passage, focusing on plot and theme
5. two read aloud activities featuring well-known children's books: A Bad Case of Stripes by David Shannon and My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother by Patricia Polacco
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW!!
Copyright by Deb Hanson 2017
Please note: The PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, background).
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!