This is a companion manual to go along with the 2007 publication of CraftPlus Daily Writing Lessons for First Grade. I created this manual to help supplement the sparse teacher's manual that comes with the program.
Inside you will find:
• an overview of each week with an explanation of the literary skills to be taught and helpful suggestions for teaching
• a writing page for each day set up with lines, boxes, Venn diagrams, lists, etc. as required by the lesson so that students are not spending valuable work time formatting their own papers
• a list of additional literature models that show each target skill being taught (and suggestions for when the CraftPlus literature model does not correctly model the skill)
• updated rubrics for assessment weeks that build on previous skills as well as assessing new skills taught
• a year-long pacing guide to help you stay on track for your teaching
• additional teaching units to introduce poetry and research to young writers
• updated assessment rubrics for each assessment week
Please check out the preview to see full pages for weeks 9 (assessment week) and 17. I have also included my lesson pages for the poetry unit.