Crash Course Kids - Life Science - Gotta Eat! (E01) Free Youtube Guide
Crash Course Kids - Life Science Playlist - Gotta Eat! (E01) Youtube Guide Free challenges students to get the most out of this entertaining, short, yet substantive video.
This is a freebie for only Episode 1 titled Gotta Eat!
If you find that this resource works for your classroom, check out the entire 13 episode Youtube Guide here:
Crash Course Kids - Life Science Playlist Youtube Guide | Questions | Worksheet
Click the link below to view the playlist that this episode is a part of on Youtube
Life Science: Ecosystems and Flow of Energy
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this Youtube guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 2,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★ average.
This product includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF printer version (2 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (2 pages)
- An answer key (2 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
- NGSS Note: This freebie, episode 1 sample, doesn't contain any questions targeted at any Next Generation Science Standards, however, click here to see the complete playlist Youtube Guide for the NGSS that are covered.
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Youtube Guide:
- Print one, double-sided Youtube guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the Youtube guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the Youtube guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the clip again for additional analysis.
- On average, this Youtube guide will require about 15 minutes per episode
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE