BARGAIN-PRICED BUNDLE TO HELP YOU TEACH WITH HUMOR USING CRASH COURSE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS!
Teach with Humor using Crash Course Government!
Few classroom strategies are as successful as this simple approach: make learning fun! For government or civics classes, one easy way to work in some student enjoyment is by showing episodes of Crash Course U.S.Government and Politics.
The script of each episode is packed with humorous observations -- ones that help to make strong points about the civics under study. Students like watching the series, which means they pay attention to it and learn!
Produced by PBS Digital Studios, each episode of Crash Course contains about 10 minutes of content plus a brief time for the credits. Episodes are available for free on YouTube at the following playlist:
Crash Course U.S. Government & Politics
If you are new to Crash Course, I encourage you to watch a few videos as soon as you can. I expect you'll be just as enthusiastic about the classroom possibilities as I am!
ABOUT THESE CRASH COURSE GOVERNMENT WORKSHEETS
Each worksheet focuses on a single episode of Crash Course Government and typically contains between 10 and 20 items for students to complete. Worksheets are formatted to fit on one page for easy copying and a detailed answer key is provided for each episode. In addition to these regular worksheet items, open-ended extra credit or discussion items are also included for each and every episode. These can be used as debate starters, essay prompts, or . . . the sky's the limit!
This set of worksheets covers the following episodes:
• 1 Introduction: Why Study Government
• 2 The Bicameral Congress: Structure, Responsibilities, and Eligibility Rules
• 3 Separation of Powers and Checks & Balances
• 4 Federalism
• 5 Constitutional Compromises
• 6 Congressional Elections
• 7 Congressional Committees
• 8 Congressional Leadership
• 9 How a Bill Becomes a Law
• 10 Congressional Decision-Making
• 11 Presidential Power -- Focus on Expressed Powers
• 12 Presidential Power, Part 2 -- Focus on Implied, Inherent, and Assumed Powers
• 13 Congressional Delegation -- Including Separation of Powers issues
• 14 How Presidents Govern
• 15 Bureaucracy Basics -- More on Separation of Powers issues
• 16 Types of Bureaucracies -- Understanding the executive branch agencies!
• 17 Controlling Bureaucracies -- More about the executive branch agencies!
• 18 Legal System Basics -- Introduction to the Judicial Branch
• 19 Structure of the Court System -- Trial and Appellate Courts, District and Circuit Courts, State versus Federal systems
• 20 Supreme Court Procedures -- How a Case Makes it To the Highest Court in the Land, and What Happens Once it's There....
• 21 -- Judicial Review: Where the Supreme Court's vast power comes from, and what they can do with it...
• 22 -- Judicial Decisions: What factors judges consider when weighing a case, and also what kinds of things influence them...
• 23 -- Civil Rights and Liberties: What are they, and what basic civil liberties are protected by the Constitution...
• 24 -- Freedom of Religion: All about the Establishment Clause and the court cases that have further defined it, plus free exercise practices vs. beliefs
• 25 -- Freedom of Speech: What kinds of speech are protected, and from whom....
• 26 -- Freedom of the Press
• 27 -- Search and Seizure
• 28 -- Due Process of Law
• 29 -- Equal Protection
• 30 -- Sex Discrimination
All questions are presented in video order so that students can easily follow along, but these worksheets are not mere outlines that merely ask students to generate their own notes. Instead, they focus in on certain key issues that students watching the videos should master in order to have a clear and concise understanding of the topic under study.
ORGANIZED FOR TEACHER AND STUDENT CONVENIENCE
Starting with episode #12, all of the worksheets are provided in two formats: with and without time stamps. This way, teachers can provide their classes with time stamp information if they think it will prove helpful. If they prefer for students not to have time stamps, however, they can copy off the worksheet version that doesn't feature them. (Worksheets for episodes #1-11 are provided only in the no-time stamps format).
ABOUT THE ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD
These worksheets are provided as a .zip download. When you unzip the folder, you will find inside six PDF files, each one covering five episodes. All you have to do is print off the pages you need and you're good to go with these no prep worksheets!
IDEAS FOR USING THESE WORKSHEETS
Only a teacher knows what constitutes best use for a particular class, but I always find it helpful to see what creative approaches other teachers are using. Here are some good options for these worksheets.
• Print off copies and have students complete them as they watch the video.
• Send the copies electronically so students can complete them on tablet/laptop devices,
• Basic level option: Assign students to do only the evens or only the odds. After watching the video, pair students up to discuss and fill in missing answers.
• Run a game show: Have students watch the video carefully and take notes. Form groups afterwards and have them pool their notes, briefly discussing the whole video. Pass out the worksheets only AFTER this discussion and have each group fill out one collaboratively.
• Let students self-assess their learning
• Use worksheets as a traditional quiz
I am sure you can think of many more engaging ways to use these worksheets and keep student interest in civics high throughout the year.
---> Please note the bargain pricing!! At just 22.50 for 30 worksheets, that's only seventy-five cents per episode, making this a truly affordable addition to your government or civics repertoire!
LOOKING FOR AN EVEN BETTER VALUE ON CRASH COURSE U.S. GOVERNMENT WORKSHEETS?
The ultimate bargain bundle -- all 50 episodes, covering the entire series -- is the most economical option of all. Just click the link below to reach that product:
Crash Course U.S. Government Worksheets -- 50 EPISODE BUNDLE -- ENTIRE SERIES!
LOOKING FOR OTHER BARGAIN BUNDLE OPTIONS ON CRASH COURSE U.S. GOVERNMENT WORKSHEETS?
These bargain bundle packs might be just the ticket!
Crash Course U.S. Government Worksheets -- 15 EPISODE BUNDLE -- Episodes 1-15
Crash Course U.S. Government Worksheets -- 15 EPISODE BUNDLE -- Episodes 16-30
With these two, you can get the entire series (50 episodes in all) of Crash Course Government Worksheets in only two bundles:
Crash Course U.S. Government Worksheets -- 30 EPISODE BUNDLE -- Episodes 1-30
Crash Course U.S. Government Worksheets -- 20 EPISODE BUNDLE -- Episodes 31-50
LOOKING FOR 5-EPISODE PACKETS OF CRASH COURSE GOVERNMENT WORKSHEETS INSTEAD?
These might be what you need:
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 1-5
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 6-10
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 11-15
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 16-20
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 21-25
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 26-30
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 31-35
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 36-40
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 41-45
Crash Course Government Quizzes / Worksheets for Episodes 46-50
LOOKING FOR CRASH COURSE U.S. HISTORY WORKSHEETS?
Check out my growing collection here:
Crash Course U.S. History Worksheets: Episodes 1-5 -- From Native Americans and the Spaniards to the Seven Years War and the Great Awakening
Crash Course U.S. History Worksheets: Episodes 6-10 -- From Taxes and Smuggling to Thomas Jefferson's Democracy
Crash Course U.S. History Worksheets: Episodes 11-15 -- From the War of 1812 to 19th-Century Reform Movements