I volunteered to teach Physical Science last year and CrashCourse saved me! Here's a video guide I created to use this episode #40 on Hydrocarbons for my 7-8th grade physical science class.
Here is what is included in this 11 page download:
1. A complete transcript of the video
2. Note Taking Guide for Students: This is essentially a blank section to take notes in.
3. Summary of the Video: A place for the students to write a short summary of what they have watched.
4. Vocabulary Section: I want students to listen for 5 vocabulary words that we have used in class or read in the book.
5. Cloze reading comprehension activity in which words are omitted from a passage and students are required to fill in the blanks. 10 words are omitted from a 2:40 minute section of the video.
6. Quiz for students / with answers: There is a 5 question quiz with answers from the episode. It can be taken in class or taken home. I think in class would be better.
Social Studies MegaStore has a great, FREE guide to using CrashCourse.
Free CrashCourse Classroom Use Guide