1. Attendance; Students practices counting and identifying their classmates by name. It also provides a child with a tremendous amount of success and accomplishment.
2. Caddie Organizer; It teaches students the importance of being organized and accountable for their belongings.
3. Calendar; Teaches students the correct way to say the day, month, and year. There are a million other benefits to doing calendar activities with students as well!!!
4. Chair Stackers; Students feel responsible for being helpful members of their classroom.
5. Door Holders; Teaches students to be courteous and polite.
6. Floor Monitor; This job is important because it teaches our students about the importance of taking care of our classroom and cleaning up after ourselves. The floor monitor helps to make sure loose scraps and snack are thrown away by the end of the day.
7. Game Show Host; Student can lead game on Smartboard or at circle at the end of the day. This helps to ensure a safe dismissal because the whole class is in one place and they are all engaged in a fun activity. Plus the teacher can hear important announcements.
8. Gardener; Waters plants.
9. Librarian; Straightens up books, puts them back, and helps keep them tidy.
10. Lights; self explanatory
11. Line Leader; self explanatory
12. Caboose; self explanatory
13. Locker/ Cubbie Checker-; Student checks for jackets and backpacks hanging up in a tidy fashion. Also checks to make sure students don’t forget anything at the end of the day.
14. Lunch Count; Checks to make sure students filled out their order (there are so many ways to do it… smartboard, clothespins, clipboard, slates…) Depending on your school, student may send lunch count down to the lunch room or office.
15. Mail; Student helps to put HW and other papers into student mailboxes.
16. Materials; Student passes out and collects selected materials. They might also tidy up selected materials.
17. Messenger; Student takes notes to office or other teachers.
18. Meteorologist; Weather Helper
19. Navigator; Fancy word for Line Leader
20. Paper Passer; Self Explanatory
21. Pencil Sharpener; Self Explanatory- (I do like to set a time of day for my students to do this.)
22. Pet Helper; Students help feed and give water to class animal. (Perhaps clean cage as well)
23. Pledge; Self Explanatory
24. Substitute; Self Explanatory
25. Supply Organizer; Self Explanatory
26. Table Monitory; Monitors Noise Level and helps to keep table Tidy for the Fairy Desk Queen
27. Teacher Assistant; Helps Teacher as needed with getting materials such as pointer, markers, putting on smartboard…
28. Techie; Helps classmates on computers
29. Weather; Self Explanatory
30. Mayor; Spokesperson for class announcements
Table Numbers Included:
− Table Numbers of Crayon Children and Crayon Box: Tables 1-5
Weather Crayon Chart Included:
− What’s the weather like today?
− Sunny (picture included)
− Cloudy (picture included)
− Partly sunny and partly cloudy (picture included)
− Rainy (picture included)
− Snowy (picture included)
− Windy (picture included)
− Hot (picture included)
− Freezing (picture included)