Packet contains 11 color pages.
One sheet of 8.5” x 11” paper makes one GrandStand.
Print GrandStands on index- or cover stock-weight paper in color or black/white.
THINGS TO DO:
Note that GrandStands can be used on a table or desktop, or they can be glued, stapled, or push-pinned onto a bulletin board.
1. Use these GrandStands with students who are learning or reviewing their colors. Have students observe and describe the crayon shape and color being used.
2. Name the featured color and note the multiple values of the same color on each GrandStand. Point to different gradations of a color on the Grandstand and use adjectives such as light, lighter, lightest; dark, darker, darkest; or red, redder, reddest, etc.
3. Collect flashcards, magazine pictures, student art, or photographs of objects that are usually this color. Display and/or sort them on the GrandStands.
4. Make flashcards that use the color word with a noun and display them. Example: black cat, black bat (See related products.) Students remove the cards from the display “read” them and place the ones they know to the left side of the stand and the ones they need help with on the right side.
5. Write student names on flashcards and have them indicate their favorite color by writing the color word and/or using a crayon to color a swatch. Sort their flashcards onto the corresponding color GrandStand and make a tally chart to record the data collected.
6. Use GrandStands as a bulletin board throughout the school year to collect cards that have been used to record color-related words, phrases, and sentences that were read, heard, or observed in the following: literature, rhymes, songs, science (green grass, brown bear, orange butterfly) colors of the flag, more.
7. GrandStands are teaching aids that can be used to display many different forms of print: student writing, teacher notes, Internet print, quotes, and vocabulary terms. Use in stations or work areas.
8. The size of the GrandStand is perfect for displaying quarter-sheets, half-sheets, and folded sheets of 8.5” x 11” paper. Worksheets can be folded in half and placed on a GrandStand. MiniBooks and Side-by-Side Books can also be displayed.
When made using index-weight paper, GrandStands last for several years.
Store vertically in a Box Book in your LOCOmotion Box Library (made from cereal boxes).
Store vertically in plastic or cardboard magazine holders.
Store multiple sets of Grandstands vertically in a copy paper box.
ASSEMBLY VIDEO & MORE INFORMATION: