SIGHT WORD PHRASES!! RIBBET! RIBBET!
Data Collection also included!
Sight Word Phrase CRAZY FROG! is played similar to Old Maid but uses the 42 Second Grade DOLCH sight word phrases instead of numbers, and a CRAZY FROG instead of an Old Maid. The goal of this card game is to avoid getting the CRAZY FROG card which is truly one of a kind! This is a great way to generalize skills and begin reading sight words in context.
These cute BUG and FROG themed cards are formatted to be printed on card stock, laminated, and then cut out for play. Your student’s will have a blast playing this popular card game!
I am a resource teacher and live and breathe data collection. I have included a data chart for a nine week grading period with a percentage conversion table for errors. A student copy of phrases to read and the teacher form is included.
Tips on differentiation with this game
- Depending upon your child’s reading readiness; select an appropriate number of pairs to play with as well as one monster maid card.
- A child, who does not possess a sight word vocabulary, should begin with a few pairs and gradually increase the pairs as she masters each phrase.
- A child, who possesses a good sight word vocabulary, should play CRAZY FROG with all 42 sight word phrases. Practice makes perfect – playing the card game will reinforce automatic recognition of sight words
- This is an 18 page file
- 42 DOLCH sight word phrases appropriate for second grade students
- Playing cards are formatted to be printed on both sides
- 2 Old Maid (CRAZY FROG) cards included if you want to break the game into two separate games.
Make sure to take a look at my other sight word phrase games for pre primer(Monser Maid), primer (Smelly Socks), and first grade (In the Dog House). I will also be adding an extension game using the 90 most common sentences using Dolch words! Thank you for using my product!