Students create their own country from scratch! This is a very creative and fun project that I use for my high school World Geography students. This can also be used (with minimal changes) for junior high students. I begin this project right after we cover Unit 1, the basics of geography, map skills, etc. This is a great assessment to see if they really understand the key vocabulary terms and concepts from Unit 1.
Students will create:
1. 3 unique country maps.
2. Written descriptions about cultural aspects of their country.
3. A unique flag for their country.
You will receive the following electronic files:
- A project explanation sheet
- Introduction handout or display- customizable
- Project overview handout for students
- Blank paragraphs charts - type-able version and written version
- Rubrics for all required components of the project - editable Word and PDF formats
- Sample paragraphs sheet for students
Many of the maps they create are fantastic and very detailed. Their creativity really shines in the written description of their “country”. I post their work in the hallways and my bulletin boards for all to see. I know your students will really enjoy this project!