Have you ever wondered how to make your own crossword puzzle? This crossword puzzle project takes all the guesswork out of having students create their own crosswords! This product is designed as a review activity for ANY SUBJECT! Students and teacher are provided with step-by-step instructions on how to create a crossword puzzle, including tips and strategies to avoid common pitfalls and frustrations. Included in this product you will find:
1. Teacher Use Lesson Plan: Please read this first! It gives several ideas for how to implement this activity in your class, as well as a guide for how you can help your students, listing specific things to look for when students check in with you between steps.
2. Student Use Instructions: These pages are designed to be projected or printed for student reference. One page provides an overview of the entire project, then each day's worth of work is also provided on a separate page with more details. This document also includes a visual reference on what is and is not allowed when laying out the words within the crossword puzzle grid.
3. Crossword Review Template: This is a blank grid on which the students will design their crossword puzzles. Each student will need two copies of this page to complete the project, though you will probably want to have extras available in case anyone wants to start over if things aren't going well on their first try.
4. Student Example: This is an example of all the steps as created by one of my seventh grade students.
5. Exit Slip: The exit slip is provided in three formats- A projectable .pdf file (where students would answer on paper or electronically), a printable (worksheet style) .pdf file, and a plain text option so you can copy/paste the questions into any online system you may be using in your classroom, such as Google Docs or Schoology.
Follow this link to like my Facebook page so you can stay up to date on new products and special offers! Hutzel House of Music (Facebook Page)