This is a fun assignment/project to help students with latitude and longitude as well as explaining how to get from place to place using cardinal directions. Students will create their own city on a grid and make sure they have all components of a map (date, title, author, legend, scale, orientation etc). Once they have drawn their map they will fill out two worksheets to practice latitude/longitude and describing exact location using cardinal directions.
This document includes
1) Objective and Do Now (Latitude and Longitude practice)
2) Directions and Expectations of what a completed project looks like
3) Blank Grid to draw city on
4) Cardinal Directions Worksheet
5) Exact Location Latitude Longitude Worksheet
6) Exemplar Project