Also included in
- Teach persuasive techniques with these engaging resources! Your students will be moving and talking as they learn to recognize, analyze, and utilize persuasive techniques. Each activity is scaffolded to appeal to a variety of learners and learning styles.At a Glance:Students learn persuasive techniq$7.50$9.00Save $1.50
Get students up, moving, and speaking while they demonstrate their knowledge of persuasive techniques and make a commercial. This is a great way to practice media literacy, and students' creativity will make you laugh.
Teach Persuasive Techniques at the upper primary level! This project is written for grades 3-5 and helps students strengthen media literacy. (Find the here)
Why should you have your students make a commercial?
Putting their understanding of persuasive techniques into action is the best way for students to show they understand! Students will work in groups to make short commercial skits. This sort of short performance is a great way to practice public speaking without all of the stress of giving a speech.
How does this build media literacy?
Students create a product and then choose two persuasive techniques to use in their skit. When they’re the ones creating the commercials, they begin to understand the intention that goes into advertising. Basically, they practice media literacy “from the inside” and are better able to apply this understanding down the road.
- Task & Brainstorming Sheet #1 (pre-group)
- Task & Brainstorming Sheet #2 (with group)
- Rubrics for Self-Evaluation (2 styles)
- Questions for Self-Evaluation (2 prompts)
- Rubrics for Teacher Evaluation (pre-weighted and adaptable)
- +/Δ feedback sheets
Also available in the Persuasive Techniques PowerPoint and Project bundle!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My students had so much fun with this! It was one of the most fun projects of the year!” -Sarah C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Used this with 5th graders to make a commercial video using a green screen.” -Misty W.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My fifth graders had a great time with this project. It helped strengthen their understanding of persuasive techniques. Thanks!” -Meghan M.
Did you know that you can towards future TpT purchases by reviewing this product? If you enjoy this product, please leave a review at the product page or through “My Purchases” under “My Account” at TpT. Ratings make the TpT world go round. :)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA