This product is designed as a synthesis of what your students have learned over the course of the year. It is designed to make the students really think about what they have learned and think creatively to develop their own country and culture. Depending on how in depth you want your students to get with their creativity, this unit could be pared down to be around 2.5 weeks to even 6 weeks! The "possible timeline" included in this products information lays the unit out in about 18 days.
By the end of the unit, the students will have created a map and a flag, developed the culture of their country, and analyzed their country by comparing it to the U.S., deciding whether they would like to live there and coming up with a crisis intervention plan for their country.
This product includes:
- An Introduction to the Unit
- The guiding worksheets for their creation
- The guidelines for the Final Assessment
- The graphic organizer for the students to compare their country to the United States
- The Crisis Cards
- The Rubric
- A list of Natural Resources by country