Create a Story/ Build a Story/ Sentence Game is a community building game that supports oral language development. Can also be used to teach prepositional phrases, adding details and descriptions, and compound sentences.
This game may be played whole group or in small groups. Cards should be printed on cardstock, laminated, and cut.
1. The first player chooses a card off the pile and begins a
story using the card s/he picked.
2. The next player repeats player one’s story starter, chooses
a card, and adds to the story.
3. Player three repeats the story in order, chooses a card, and
adds to the story.
4. Play continues until a player cannot repeat the story.
5. Play over and over again to create a new, silly story every
Ex. Player 1 chooses a FROG, Player 2 chooses a CUP of TEA, Player 3 chooses a SKATEBOARD
Player 1: A green frog hopped...
Player 2: A green frog hopped into a cup of tea...
Player 3: A green frog hopped into a cup of tea that was sitting on a skateboard...