Designing a Adventure Park using maths skills.
Students are required to design the map for a Adventure Park using a design brief. Using their park they then have to complete a variety of mathematical problems - most of which are open ended.
Includes 8 activities which cover a range of mathematical skills;
- Location - using grid coordinates
- Addition and Subtraction- students have to buy items and stay under a budget.
- Mathematical Language
- Time - creating an attraction timetable
- Interpreting and creating graphs (using tally marks)
- 2D shape features (corners and edges)
Intended for grades 2 and up.
Important to note, 2 pages are the same activity - one for metric and the other for imperial measurements (American friendly!)