Teacher’s Pet Educational Services has created this Creating Colour Unit to help make teaching easier for you! There are many project-based, inquiry-based, as well as cross-curricular activities incorporated into this package that enable learning to be interesting and fun for your students.
This unit includes the following:
• 88 pages of curriculum specific activities
• Student Booklet
• Cross-curricular connections
• Suggestions and materials to adapt to different levels of learners in your classroom
• Project-based activities
• Answer Key
Students will explore several concepts including:
• Primary and secondary colours
• Compare and contrast colours
• Order a group of coloured objects
• Predict and describe changes while exploring how to make a tint and a shade of a colour
• Examine transparent and opaque colours
• Determine the difference between natural and manufactured colours
• Separate sunlight into component colours
• Compare adherence of paint to different surfaces
• Demonstrate how to extract colour from different materials or items
Check out our Creating Colour Assessment Package also available on TpT. This Assessment Package contains 2 quizzes, 1 unit test, and letters to parents with accompanying study guides and an answer key.
Please note that these resources are directly aligned with the curriculum outcomes in Alberta, Canada but also are aligned with curricular objectives in other jurisdictions.
A United States version is also available in TpT under the name: Creating Color Unit.